Norfolk Botanical Garden | Membership Swap
Garden members can visit any of the 22 YMCA of South Hampton Roads locations up to five times in September to enjoy a safe place to exercise with state-of-the-art fitness equipment, indoor and outdoor pools, group fitness classes, and child care while you work out.
Garden members can also visit any of the YMCA of the Virginia Peninsulas locations starting September 5. See a list of locations on the Peninsula.
- Come on in to your YMCA location any time the Y is open (up to five visits in September).
- Reservations are required for pools, fitness classes, racquetball and tennis.
- Norfolk Botanical Garden members can also take advantage of discounted member pricing on programs such as personal training, swim lessons and the Y’s e-Learning Academy for virtual learners in the month of September.
- Norfolk Botanical Garden members show their valid Garden membership card, photo ID, and complete a guest waiver form upon visiting any YMCA of South Hampton Roads location.
Norfolk Botanical Garden members who join the Y in September will pay no joining fee, a savings of up to $75.
Y members will enjoy free, unlimited admission to Norfolk Botanical Garden during September, plus 10% discounts in the gift shop and cafe.
You will need the YMCA's promo code to receive a 100% discount on your ticket to Norfolk Botanical Garden. Here is how to get the promo code:
- If you receive email from the Y, look in your inbox for a message from August 28, OR contact your local YMCA
- If you don't receive email from the Y, but would like to, please update your email address.
You must reserve tickets before arriving at Norfolk Botanical Garden.
- Enter the number of tickets needed for those in your party. Each transaction with the promo code covers up to six tickets. Note that ALL members of your party must be listed on your YMCA membership in order to take advantage of the swap. However, only the primary member is required to show proof of membership upon your visit to the gardens.
- On the billing information page, you'll enter in the promo code you received (you should have received this by the ways mentioned above)
- You'll receive an email with your barcoded tickets to be scanned upon your visit to the gardens. Your ticket can be used at any time, but MUST be purchased ahead of time.
When you arrive at Norfolk Botanical Garden, you will need to show:
- Personal identification
- Proof of YMCA membership (choose one from the following)
- A valid membership card (you can use your barcode on the YMCA's app)
- Email confirmation of membership sent on August 28
- Completed membership verification form (available from YMCA member services)
YMCA members who purchase a year pass to Norfolk Botanical Garden during their visit can take advantage of two extra months FREE to their membership!
Top 4 reasons to visit Norfolk Botanical Garden in September
You read that right. FLA-MAZING!
Not that walking the garden isn’t great, but what better way to see MORE than on two wheels? Every evening from 4–7pm.
No, not dog days of summer, ACTUAL days you can bring your BEST FUR FRIEND with you—every Sunday!
One-Stop Day Trip
10% Cafe AND Gift Shop discount included in your swap to help you maximize your benefit.
A WHOLE classroom away from the classroom
Think of the garden as a 175 acre classroom, a perfect supplement to whatever classroom format your child is tackling in September (especially the Y’s e-Learning Academy). AND, with a whole education department that offers a variety of educational programs tailored to meet the needs of audiences of all ages, Norfolk Botanical Garden’s extracurricular school programs are designed for each grade level to help supplement learning! Norfolk Botanical Garden also offers a variety of adult programs that include everything from oil painting, photography, container gardening, yoga, soap making, and much more!